Tuesday, October 12, 2004

A Letter From Someone Famous.

I've had two blogs before this; well, technically three, but the third one doesn't work as well as I wanted it to be.

I was satisfied, lurking in semi-obscurity, until I received an email from someone with my name.

My first impulse was that the email was spam (how many of you have received emails that came from you but were really selling penis-enlargement medicine?), but for once, this email is genuine.

It's from Tariq Kamal, a Palestinian-American commercial artist living in Los Angeles. He's an English major and a member of The Free Speech Show's ensemble cast, so some of you might have heard of him.

He likes the way I write. He thinks my girlfriend is hot (I agree with him). And he found this, a letter I wrote, a long time ago, compelling.

Wow. I thought only people like John Grisham and J.K Rowling were called that.

Anyway. Here's what he's got to say about this laughable circus I call my blog:

Tariq Kamal's blog is some of the most insightful and compelling material I've read on the Web, and I'm not just saying that because we have the same name. Intelligent, thought-provoking, and deeply personal, Tariq spares no effort in blowing the minds of his readers with each new entry.

I honestly don't know what he's talking about, boys and girls, but I just report what I've got in my mailbox.

Anyway. Maybe it's time I started working on consolidating all of my entries. Not looking forward to that, though.