Friday, October 08, 2004

I Don't Hate You 'Cause I Hate Freedom.

Check this out. I mean, I like Aiz and all out of principle, but damnit, he is such a big target.

I decided to try and see if I could make it all reverse-countdowny the way Aiz did it, but then sanity reared its ugly head and reasserted itself.

  • Bloggers can spell “Jalan Riong”.

    How many of them can spell properly again, much less spell “Jalan Riong”?

  • Bloggers have opinions…

    Dude, opinions are like rectums and nasty little secrets. Everyone has them.

  • …and bloggers don't really care who they upset.

    Raise your hands, how many of you would have parental units, employers, friends and family killing you if they ever saw what you did on your spare Internet time.

  • Bloggers are under no editorial control.

    Wow. Great. Just like Rupert Murdoch, without the impending senility or money. Mmmyeah no editorial control.

  • Its a wee bit difficult to “switch off” the Internet.

    Yes. It's hard to turn off the Internet, but it's easy to choke it with weeds. Tried looking for a good MP3 song lately?

  • Bloggers are not paid a salary.

    Which makes us hobbyists, not paid professionals. I'm supposed to be risking my life and liberty for a fucking hobby?

  • Bloggers move in packs — mess with one and you end up messing with them all.

    Dude, like the wolf. Except that wolves don't argue, backbite, bitch or snipe at one another as often as we do. Dude, are even talking about the same kind of bloggers?

  • Bloggers can (and often do) use “hyperlinks”.

    Wow. Look, the Enemy has money, power, influence and experience, but with our secret weapon, developed by Vannevar Bush, We Shall Overcome!

  • Bloggers don't have to wait for tomorrow to report today's news.

    Yes. Like I need to hear another “Berita Harian SUCKS!!” or nauseatingly naïve blog post.

  • There are nearly 10,000,000 Internet users in Malaysia and nearly 1,000,000,000 users worldwide. Now, that's an audience.

    A significant number of those buggers love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or any other TV show you could care to mention. Don't monopolize the Internet, man — the fen wanna have a go.

Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, baby. Hate me 'cause I'm so mean-spirited and flippant.