Monday, November 28, 2005

A Quick Update

Okay.

I just got back to my computer, and I find that I have six emails, count them, six emails, from various sources.

One email was a comment confirmation for this particular post. That’s cool. Nah, Elizabeth, I don’t think I’d be cut out to be a columnist. The pay sucks, I’d end up getting my posts edited, and I’d have to run against a deadline, and I hate deadlines. I do this for a hobby, and I’d like to keep it that way. Also, I think you’re very pretty. Thanks for visiting!

One was from equalmarriage.ca, a website advocating same-sex marriages, and another four were from DesiringGod.org, apparently a Christian website that apparently spreads the Word of God (the Christian one, apparently). Both were attempting to confirm my subcription to them.

I’m going to assume that it was a honest mistake by someone else who was named Tariq Kamal who has a gmail account, and I’m letting it slide for now. I have, however, placed these emails under my ‘Spam’ folder, and these emails, and future emails like it will go under Spam and will be summarily ignored and flushed periodically, without them being opened.

Nothing else has changed. Have a nice day.

Blogger Jay said...

The other day I opened my hotmail account and found 140+ emails, out of which only 2 or 3 were not junk.

-sigh-

8:40 PM  
Blogger T-Boy said...

Jay: Hotmail's good at attracting spam and little else, honestly.

8:42 PM  
Blogger T-Boy said...

Rajan: Plenty wrong when both emails were about “confirming [my] subscription” and I don’t even remember going to their damn sites in the first place, much less subscribing to any kind of service.

I email-based notifications; it's either going to be RSS or nothing for me.

But yeah, no harm. Somoene with a more paranoid turn in mind would probably begin speculating that, you know, perhaps someone’s playing silly buggers, and probably start crying foul and accusse people of zOMG!harrassment!!11one

Obviously that’s so not true. It's a good thing I don’t have a paranoid turn in mind, as well, don’t you agree?

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home