Sunday, July 17, 2005

JK Rowling and the HP Fans.

We bought two copies of the book; the ‘adult’ edition for this house, and the ‘children’'s edition for my mother's place in Bangkok.

Yes, cost a fortune. Yes, it was worth it, because my sister and I could read it and not squabble over it.

My sister and I have finished reading the books. Took me about 12 hours, but I took breaks, unlike a certain fellow blogger, who did 7 hours of non-stop swotting.

Can't say I'm too upset by the death of the major character. For one thing, we already knew she was going to do it again, after book five. No big deal.

Okay, granted I was hoping the feller would come back to life again, but that would have been cheap. So I guess that's that.

Mildly disappointed by the Judas, though. It seemed so obvious, hindsight, but I didn't exactly want to believe.

Oh well. Looks like Book 7 will be interesting.

Mind you, the whole series is beginning to get the feel of a teen movie. Which sucks, because I hate teen movies.

Blogger sherrina said...

I bought mine from Kinokuniya. arrived there at 6.30am only to found that I'm almost out of the 300 people group. I haven't finished reading it. not even the first chapter. :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger T-Boy said...

sherrina: Oh, that's sad. Have you been busy then?

10:19 PM  
Blogger T-Boy said...

safiyyah: I don't think she can, not based on the demand. And besides, if she writes a new series she'll have to top Harry Potter, and frankly I don't envy her for that.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Shryh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Y1 said...

Rowling is getting annoying or isit harry? sgud have stopped about 3 books ago, imho

1:43 PM  
Blogger T-Boy said...

Shryh: I just had my girlfriend scream at me for spoiling the fucking book.

You'll have to forgive me while I punitively excise your offending comment.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Shryh said...

Oops. I thought it was an open secret, but I understand. >) Good thing I don't ping PPS because I'd liveblogged HP6. I am sooooo achingly hip.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Ah, can finally read this post, now that I've finished the book. (Saw the word 'Judas' earlier and immediately closed the window, fearing a spoiler.)

I think it's good that the books seem to get darker and darker, as Harry grows up.

Next one should be very interesting.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home